Rates and Categories
“Recognized not for profit youth and adult programs qualify for reduced rates under the Ministry of Education’s Community Use of Schools Program.“
Any fees are based on the following group categories as determined by the Waterloo Catholic District School Board and Ministry of Education. Payments are made through the permit application using a Visa or Master Card. Applicable charges are applied to the account after each use and applicable fees are charged to the credit card on file, on the last day of each month. Permit holders will have secure 24/7 access to their online account to view billing and payment history.
Room rental charges are based on your group’s activity and the space you wish to book. Please check the category list below to see which category applies to your group.
Most schools have custodial coverage Monday to Friday. If staff is not regularly scheduled or you wish to book a weekend date, custodial charges will apply.
- Not-for-Profit Youth Related Community groups – run by local youth groups such as Boy Scouts, Girl Guides, 4H Clubs and Cadets, etc. Where activities are intended for participants under the age of 18 (or where participants are under a disability, then under the age of 28).
- Not-for-Profit recognized Children’s Sport and Recreation Service Providers – groups that are:
- sponsored or recognized by a municipality as providing services or programs for the benefit of the community, or
- members of a provincial sports organization or an accredited camping organization, or
- universally recognized as service providers, such as the YMCA or Red Cross.
- Other Not-for-Profit or Charitable Groups – other groups such as local service clubs, community health associations, parent groups, seniors’ groups, etc. in which run without financial gain, as determined by the Waterloo catholic District School Board, with programming specific to youth under the age of a8 (or where participants are under a disability, then under the age of 28).
- Not for profit groups providing community services free of charge and staffed strictly on a volunteer basis
- Adult recreational use
- Private registered non-profit groups; organizations or approved groups charging admission, collecting donations and/or operated by persons receiving compensation for their services including honorariums
- Businesses including those charging for drama, art, music, dance and fitness
- Non-catholic services and other church activities
- Concerts, recitals
- Events with ticket sales
- Condominium meetings
- Commercial organizations
- Birthday parties/anniversaries
- Christmas parties
- School activities under the direction of the principal and covered by WCDSB Board insurance
- Parish activities that are not private functions and that are covered by parish insurance