French as a Second Language
Students will communicate and interact with growing confidence in French, one of Canada’s official languages, while developing the knowledge, skills, and perspectives they need to participate fully as citizens in Canada and in the world.
In all French as a second language programs, students realize the vision of the FSL curriculum as they
- Use French to communicate and interact effectively in a variety of social settings;
- Learn about Canada, its two official languages, and other cultures;
- Appreciate and acknowledge the interconnectedness and interdependence of the global community;
- Be responsible for their own learning, as they work independently and in groups;
- Use effective language learning strategies;
- Become lifelong language learners for personal growth and for active participation as world citizens.
- Program Information
- The Online Lottery for Fall 2018 is now closed. To inquire about registrations or wait lists please contact the school directly after February 16th. Please visit your nearest French Immersion school or call 519-578-3660 x2333 for more information
- Elementary French Immersion Curriculum
- French Immersion Review
- Helping Your Child succeed in French Immersion –
- WCDSB Admission Policy
- WCDSB Transportation Policy
- Parent information: 2018
- Registration for Intensive French takes place through the school office.
- Intensive French brochure (by the Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers)