French as a Second Language
The online lottery for French Immersion is now open.
Parent Information Sessions for French Immersion:
Sir Edgar Bauer, Waterloo
Wednesday, January 8, 2020 / 5-6pm
St Peter, Cambridge
Thursday, January 9, 2020 / 5-6pm
Holy Rosary, Waterloo
Monday, January 13, 2020 / 5-6pm
St Luke, Waterloo
Tuesday, January 14, 200 / 5-6pm
Our Lady of Fatima, Cambridge
Wednesday, January 15, 2020 / 5-6pm
St Anne, Kitchener
Thursday, January 16, 2020 / 5-6pm
Students will communicate and interact with growing confidence in French, one of Canada’s official languages, while developing the knowledge, skills, and perspectives they need to participate fully as citizens in Canada and in the world.
In all French as a second language programs, students realize the vision of the FSL curriculum as they
- Use French to communicate and interact effectively in a variety of social settings;
- Learn about Canada, its two official languages, and other cultures;
- Appreciate and acknowledge the interconnectedness and interdependence of the global community;
- Be responsible for their own learning, as they work independently and in groups;
- Use effective language learning strategies;
- Become lifelong language learners for personal growth and for active participation as world citizens.
- Parent information: 2018
- Registration for Intensive French takes place through the school office.
- Intensive French brochure (by the Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers)