French as a Second Language
Students will communicate and interact with growing confidence in French, one of Canada’s official languages, while developing the knowledge, skills, and perspectives they need to participate fully as citizens in Canada and in the world.
In all French as a second language programs, students realize the vision of the FSL curriculum as they
- Use French to communicate and interact effectively in a variety of social settings;
- Learn about Canada, its two official languages, and other cultures;
- Appreciate and acknowledge the interconnectedness and interdependence of the global community;
- Be responsible for their own learning, as they work independently and in groups;
- Use effective language learning strategies;
- Become lifelong language learners for personal growth and for active participation as world citizens.
The French Immersion lottery is now closed. Please contact Jennifer.Kruithof@wcdsb.ca if you have any questions.
- Program Information
Please visit your nearest French Immersion school or call 519-578-3660 x2333 for more information
- Elementary French Immersion Curriculum
- Helping Your Child succeed in French Immersion
- Boundary Maps
- WCDSB Admission Policy
- WCDSB Transportation Policy
- French Immersion Review Final Report & Expansion Plan
- Parent information: 2018
- Registration for Intensive French takes place through the school office.
- Intensive French brochure (by the Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers)