How to Book a School Facility
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is working to provide a seamless offering of hundreds of school facilities to local community groups through a user friendly online application process. Renting a school facility is a simple process done in the comfort of your own home!
To book a Waterloo Region Catholic District School Board facility, you start by creating an account in our on-line data base. After reading the information below, simply click on this link Let’s Get Started.
- be 18 years of age or older.
- have a valid e-mail account that can receive account information and approved permits.
- agree to the ‘Rules Governing the Use of School Properties’ .
- register a valid Visa or Master Card to cover applicable fees. The data base will give you 24/7 secure access to your account to check charges and payments.
- provide a certificate of insurance in the amount of $2 million for Liability Insurance naming the Waterloo Catholic District School Board as an ‘additional insured’. Groups that do not carry liability insurance can purchase it through the WCDSB Blanket Insurance based provided by OSBIE (Ontario School Board Insurance Exchange). The cost of the liability insurance will be added to the permit costs.
The on-line software provides access to hundreds of school facilities across the Waterloo region, such as gymnasiums, lecture rooms, secondary school classrooms and cafeterias. We also have a state of the art artificial turf field and rubberized running track available for rent at St. David’s Catholic Secondary School. To check availability before making your request, check out the online calendar.
Once an application has been approved, a copy of your permit will be electronically issued to you. You will need to check the approved dates listed on the permit as some may have been removed. A current copy of the permit should be with your group at all times. Our software simplifies the payment process with a secure online payment method using your credit card.