Accounts Receivable Officer
Job Posting Number: PASS 2019-02
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board requires an Accounts Receivable Officer to oversee the administration of all Board accounts receivable and be the primary support for our growing Extended Day Before and After School Program.
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly customer invoices for approximately 900 families registered in the Extended Day Before and After School Program
- Preparation and reconciliation of all other receivable invoices for the Board, District 8 Athletic Association and Student Transportation Services of Waterloo Region as required
- Daily import of customer payments from the bank and credit card companies
- Responsible for ensuring Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance with respect to the safeguarding of customer data
- Assist in the collection of cash, where necessary
- Responsible for following up with delinquent accounts and liaising with Extended Day Supervisors and collection agency as required to minimize uncollectible balances
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts receivable payments and subsidy payments received from the Region of Waterloo
- Annual preparation of income tax receipts for families registered in the Extended Day Before and After School Program
- Provide financial support to Extended Day Supervisors as well as generate monthly reports regarding outstanding accounts
- Assist with the year end audit with respect to receivables
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 year Diploma in a business-related field
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and advanced computer applications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a role carrying out similar work
- Advanced analytical and multi-tasking skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and language skills
- School board or other public sector experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV
Salary Range Starting At PASS Level 3, $57,410 – 67,539 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employement
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at email@example.com while the internal applicants must apply via firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until February 1, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.