Waterloo Region, ON – The Waterloo Catholic District School Board proudly announces the launch of its innovative new Global Leadership in the 21st Century course.
- Global Leadership in the 21st Century – which will be running at Monsignor Doyle Catholic Secondary School in Cambridge in the 2019-20 school year — is a one semester five-credit course combining Economics, International Business, Political Science, World Issues and English.
- The course is a uniquely designed experience in which one class of students will remain together each day for the entire semester. This immersive style of learning will allow for more in-depth, challenging and engaging lessons, while also providing students the opportunity to focus on their futures in a more informed and creative environment.
- Global Leadership students will use the latest in professionally developed eLearning simulations and role-play, as well as real world challenges and case studies connecting students to leaders in their community, their nation and even the planet at large. Students will learn how to face the challenges that await them as global citizens, and how to develop real solutions for their world.
- The course is a university preparation course which will assist students in developing the competencies and skills necessary to succeed at the post-secondary destination of their choosing. Competencies of communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity will be core to the learning. Skills related to effective case study writing, essay writing, various report styles, research and public speaking will be an asset.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board, representing more than 96,000 Catholic school supporters, operates 48 schools and five adult education facilities serving more than 40,000 elementary, secondary and continuing education students in Waterloo Region – continuing a 183-year tradition of quality, inclusive, faith-based education. Follow us on Twitter: @WCDSBNewswire – #WCDSBAwesome.
– 30 –
For more information, please contact:
Dan Witt — Principal, International Education
(519) 578-3660 Ext. 2537 | Dan.Witt@wcdsb.ca