Waterloo Region, ON – Trustees of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board have received the Board’s $322.4 million 2021-22 school year budget. The budget vote is scheduled for 6 p.m., Monday, June 14, 2021.
> The overall budget is as follows:
- Total Operating: $301.2 M — ($6.9 M change from 2020-21)
- Total Capital: $21.2 M — ($0.7 M change from 2020-21)
- Total Operating & Capital: $322.4 M — ($7.6 M change from 2020-21)
> As always, budget decisions have been guided by the key priorities captured in the following plans:
- Multi-Year Strategic Plan
- Board Improvement Plan for Student Achievement
- Long Term Accommodation Plan
- Energy Conservation and Demand Management Plan
- Information Technology Strategic Plan
> Once again, budget decisions have also been guided by new and emerging considerations related to re-opening schools within the current COVID-19 reality – chief among them, health and safety considerations.
> Key funding areas of the operating budget include:
- Learning Services — $208 M
- Special Education – $39.2 M
- School Operations & Maintenance — $26.6 M
- Student Transportation — $7.6 M
- Adult & Continuing Education — $9.4M
- Board Administration — $10.4M
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board, representing more than 96,000 Catholic school supporters, operates 48 schools and five adult education facilities serving more than 40,000 elementary, secondary and continuing education students in Waterloo Region – continuing a 185-year tradition of quality, inclusive, faith-based education. Follow us on Twitter: @WCDSBNewswire – #WCDSBAwesome.