International Languages – Chin Language Supply Instructors
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting # CE-2020-06
Applications for the position of Supply Instructor – Chin Language are being accepted by the International Languages Program – Elementary for St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres.
General Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Teaching the oral and written language skills of the Chin language
- Understand the concept of equity and inclusivity in the Canadian context and develop and maintain that equitable and inclusive environment in the classroom
- Use a variety of assessment to identify students’ needs
- Develop long and short-term plans to meet these needs and program’s objectives
- Prepare a range of appropriate teaching resources to encourage language learning
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies including small group, individual, whole class, and co-operative learning experiences;
- Evaluating the progress of students and discussing results with students and parents;
- Creating annual reports of students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for improvement;
- Providing constant supervision of students (before class, during class and after class while they are waiting for their parent/guardian) to ensure their safety and well-being;
- Ensuring a safe academic environment conducive to learning;
- Promoting positive attitudes towards, and encouraging enthusiasm for language learning;
- Using the target language as the language of instruction and communication whenever possible;
- Participating in staff meetings, educational conferences, instructor training workshops, and extracurricular cultural events and activities.
- Degree in child development, elementary education, foreign language education strongly preferred
- Preference will be given to those candidates with professional experience teaching languages & working with children
- Passionate about different cultures and the power of learning languages
- Ability to deliver programs in a fun and dynamic approach
- Fluent in oral and written Chin Language
- Professional proficiency in English
- Ability to work successfully with colleagues on a team
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Location and Hours:
- Louis (Kitchener Main Campus), 80 Young St., From September to June
- 9:30am – 12:00pm on Saturdays
- $26.66 per hour (plus vacation pay)
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: April 30, 2020
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.