Job Posting Number: PASS 2020-01
Under the direction of the Manager of Technical Support Services, the successful candidate will design, implement, manage and support the Board’s administrative Microsoft server environment and applications, which facilitate a wide variety of business pursuits. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the coordination and consistency of Board technology standards to maximize the investment in technology by the Board.
- Design, manage and support the Board’s administrative server and network environment
- Provide consulting service and recommend direction to administrative computer users in PC related initiatives, computing methods & procedures in their work environment
- Install and maintain central network communications, server equipment, system security and connectivity software
- Implement and monitor controls to mitigate potential security risks to users, systems, and data
- Investigate and resolve technical problems with server hardware, software and networks
- Investigate and analyze software upgrades and coordinate relevant implementations
- Establish procedures and safeguards to ensure the integrity of Board data, including disaster recovery, security incidents, and hardware or software failures
- Coordinate, deploy, and monitor servers patching
- Monitor and analyze network performance and make adjustments as required to maximize performance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A three-year college degree or diploma in computer science/information technology or equivalent.
- Five years of experience providing hardware and software support in a networked computing environment.
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, PowerShell and scripting, Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud services, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Hyper-V, and VEEAM Backup.
- Working experience with Fortinet security appliances such as FortiGate and FortiManager is a strong asset.
- Field experience with local and wide area networking and telecommunications.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Superior problem solving and organizational skills.
- Able to lift 50 lbs; a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required.
- Must be available for on call 24/7 and for weekend system maintenance, system failure, system updates, and security events.
- School Board experience is an asset.
Salary Level or Salary Range Starting At PASS Level 6, $70,679 – 83,153 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employement
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach all required documentation required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org while the internal applicants must apply via email@example.com Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until February 24, 2020
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. Please use one method of application only.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.