Our Catholic faith is integrated into learning throughout the day, so that our students not only learn their faith but also put their faith into action. These projects include;
- Helping our partners (e.g. St. Vincent De Paul Society and Mill Courtland Community Centre) on various initiatives such as food drives, food hampers, Christmas Angel Tree Program, etc. to be of support to our families.
- Participating in liturgy for school Mass.
- Children’s own prayers are read daily as part of our morning announcements.
- Monthly assemblies are held to recognize students who are making a difference in our school community. We also celebrate our accomplishments when we meet.
- Time and opportunities are given for personal prayer time e.g. Christian Mediation.
- Include families to attend prayer services and collective worship.
- Shared preparation in school and in the St. Joseph Catholic Parish for the Sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
- Weekly classroom visits from Father Tom, Father Brian and Father Meskel Abib Aibu.
- Raise money for many worthy causes such as Food Drives, Terry Fox and Free The Children Initiatives.
- Lead environmental initiatives at our school.
- Celebrate our diversity and promote inclusivity.
When watching our Faith in Action video, you will be able to view the educational opportunities and experiences integrated into our faith.
There are no borders, no limits: he sends us to everyone. The Gospel is for everyone, not just for some. It is not only for those who seem closer to us, more receptive, more welcoming. It is for everyone. Do not be afraid to go and to bring Christ into every area of life, to the fringes of society, even to those who seem farthest away, most indifferent. The Lord seeks all, he wants everyone to feel the warmth of his mercy and his love.” – Pope Francis