Dear Parents / Caregivers:
The well-being of all members of our WCDSB community — including students, families, and staff — is a top priority for our school board. We are writing to let you know that COVID-19 testing is now available to any Ontarian who needs it.
Ontario’s testing guidance now indicates that you should visit one of Waterloo Region’s Assessment Centres if you:
- have at least one of the symptoms of COVID-19
- do not have symptoms but are concerned you might have been exposed
- do not have symptoms but think you are at risk through your employment (for example, if you are an essential or health care worker)
- would like to be tested
If you do choose to get tested, here are a few important notes:
- Testing is voluntary.
- You do not need an OHIP card to be tested. It is a free service.
- Some assessment centres may require you to book an appointment first or have certain restrictions (for example, some are unable to test young children).
- You can also take an online self-assessment to help determine if you should get tested.
- If you are free of symptoms and have not had contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 when presenting for testing, you will not be required to self-isolate. However, you should self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days regardless of your test result. If you begin to develop symptoms, self-isolate and contact your local public health unit for further advice.
Local information about COVID-19 is available from Region of Waterloo Public Health.