Purchasing Procedures – APO006
Reviewed/Revised; November 2016
The purpose of this Administrative Procedure Memo is to promote procurement processes and decisions which are consistent with the ethical and strategic objectives of the Board and the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act. The following principles underpin these procedures:
- Fair, open and transparent procurement
- Preservation of the natural environment
- Waste reduction and recycling
- Cooperative purchasing, where beneficial
- Provided that the requirements of any applicable international or inter-provincial trade agreements are not compromised.