Job Posting Number: UNIFOR 2018-05
The WCDSB maintains a pool of Temporary (Casual) Custodians who are called to replace permanent custodians who are absent from work. A Temporary Custodian may work 10 to 40 hours per week (hours are not guaranteed). Temporary Custodians are not assigned to one specific location and can be asked to work anywhere within Waterloo Region which includes Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Ayr, St. Clement, Maryhill, New Hamburg and Elmira. A temporary custodian position could lead to a permanent custodian position with the Board.
General Housekeeping Duties
- Dusting and Sanitizing surfaces
- Wet and dry mopping
- Polishing and scrubbing floors, operating auto scrubbers and buffers
- Stripping and re-finishing floor surfaces
- Garbage and recycle collection and removal (inside and outside)
- Snow removal, salting and sanding as required for safety
- May include operating of equipment such as snow blowers and riding lawnmowers.
- Maintain cleanliness of the building and grounds in all respects
- Perform related duties as required for the daily operations of the site.
- Assist with arranging physical set up for site rentals, in-school dances and activities
- Maintenance of Logs and Files
- Follow proper cleaning schedules to maintain expected standards of cleanliness
- Follow Board practices, procedures in relation to attendance, health and safety
- Co-operates with colleagues, staff and students to assist in creating positive working relationships.
- High school (grade 12) diploma or GED – (Must provide proof of qualifications)
- Previous commercial/industrial cleaning experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Able to communicate effectively
- Good attendance record preferred
- Must be physically capable to meet the physical demands of the job.
- The Successful Candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
Salary: $19.26 per hour plus shift premium
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com for external applicants and firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until October 9, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.