Beginning July 5th, the WCDSB will be offering 15 days of FREE Literacy and Numeracy online learning support for students currently in SK to Grade 8 inclusive through the Summer Boost program. The Gr. 7&8 program will focus on upgrading students’ Math skills in preparation for the Ministry of Education’s Gr. 9 De-streamed Mathematics program.
If you are interested in bridging the gaps in learning, making new friends online, honing your Literacy and Numeracy skills through fun and engaging activities, learning more about mental health and resiliency as well as weekly STEM challenges then Summer Boost is for YOU!
- Timelines: July 5th – July 23rd
- 9:00am -12:00pm Monday to Friday (15 days)
- Includes two hours of synchronize online in-class learning
- Three hours of virtual learning experiences: (e.g., Learn@Home Kits, virtual tours, large and small group instruction, remediation, physical activity, videos)
- Online Resources
- Google Classroom, D2L
- Lexia, Knowledgehook, Coding, MathUp
- Cost: FREE
Student Acceptance: Based on learning profile and time of registration.
- Class Size: Low teacher to student ratio to ensure optimal learning.
- Contact your school administrator with any questions
- Registration – REGISTER ONLINE –- Register Early!
- Participate in fun, engaging and effective learning experiences through hands on virtual learning
- Bridge gaps in learning for Literacy and Numeracy
- Make new online friends and develop a belief in themselves as learners through the power of perseverance.
- Focus on building resiliency and mental health
- Engage in weekly STEM challenges