CUPE LOCAL 2512 January 11, 2019
Supply Services Clerk – Level 2
Approximately from January 28, 2019 to June 28, 2019
Job Posting #C-2019-07
(Seniority is not a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
- Perform general office duties within the Catholic Education Centre.
- Phone/Cell phone system hardware and software support, password reset, etc.
- Provide daily coverage, back-up and support for the receptionist (up to 2 hours per day) and mail clerk as required.
- Communicate and assist internal and external clients with respect to Board Purchasing Policy and Procedures.
- As directed, supports the purchasing process from conception to completion in cooperation with assigned commodity buyer(s).
- Process Purchase Orders, changes, cancellations, archiving as required in the Board Financial Information System (Microsoft Dynamics NAV).
- As requested, performs order expediting for assigned commodities.
- Prepare and maintain contract files of assigned commodities within a purchasing specific database (NAV, Excel).
- Perform customer service/reception duties for Supply and Administrative Services.
- Perform records management and data entry functions. Maintains accurate records and databases on vendors, purchase orders issued, award values, schedules, calendar of anticipated purchase requirements, etc. Files and retrieves documents.
- Use various computer software (e.g., word processing, database, spreadsheet, etc.) to record, maintain, process and retrieve data and to produce high-quality documents. Prepare and issue correspondence. Attend meetings as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum 2-year post-secondary diploma in Business Administration or Purchasing.
- Microsoft Office (Intermediate) working knowledge and experience would be an asset.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV working knowledge and experience would be an asset.
- Previous experience supporting Nortel phone systems and Cellular phones would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a detail oriented work environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with internal and external clients.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of broad range of business information.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Excellent keyboarding and file management skills.
- Ability to working collaboratively as a member of the Supply and Administrative Services team.
Hourly Rate: $22.12 to $23.40 per hour
Hours of Work: Temporary Full-time, 35 hours per week
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Work schedule includes a one (1) hour unpaid lunch break
Location: Catholic Education Centre, Kitchener, ON
[Please note that due to renovations in the Corporate Services Department during the period of March 1 – August 30, 2019, the department will be temporarily moved to St. Agatha School in St. Agatha, ON.]
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on January 21, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.