March 8, 2018
General Description of Duties:
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board invites applications for a Superintendent of Education reporting to the Director of Education. The successful candidate will be assigned a system portfolio that meets the individual’s expertise and background. The Superintendent of Education will provide effective leadership to and work proactively with school administrators. The Superintendent of Education will provide strategic, innovative and operational leadership and will work with the Board’s senior management in developing and executing strategic plans in support of the educational and business objectives of the Board and be expected to provide support at board meetings and other venues. Additional leadership responsibilities and project assignments may also be assigned based on system needs, interest and expertise.
- Supervisory Officer Qualifications, as specified by the Ministry of Education and Ontario College of Teachers, OR, be currently enrolled in the Supervisory Officer Qualifications Program
- Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Registration
- Ability to work in a JK-12 model
- Superior interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated expertise in instructional leadership and project management
- Proven excellence as a school administrator
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered for this position should submit:
- A covering letter
- Complete resume
- Completed WCDSB Pastoral Reference dated within the last 12 months.
- Proof of qualifications
- Three professional references. A minimum of two of the three references in writing. One reference must be the candidate’s current supervisor.
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and posting number (SrStaff 2018-01) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until April 4, 2018 at 4:00pm.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.