Job Posting Number: SS 2020-01 Summer Student Facilities
Maximum of 8 positions available (May 4 to August 28, 2020 based on operational needs)
Full-time day shift positions Monday to Friday
- The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Grounds maintenance including cutting, trimming, reseeding/sodding and rotor tilling
- Plant bed maintenance including: weeding, edging, mulching, trimming and pruning of plant material
- Tree maintenance including trimming, pruning and removal of branches
- Operate grounds care equipment: push mowers, leaf blowers and gas powered line trimmers
- Loading/delivery/unloading of school goods/equipment/furniture in accordance with established procedures & protocols
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution and provide proof of enrollment
- Must hold and provide proof of a valid G class licence & provide a current driver’s abstract.
- Ability to perform physical labour
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Experience in moving/delivery of large items
- Successful candidates will be required to wear protective clothing including, but not limited to long pants, CSA approved safety footwear and potentially eyewear regardless of the weather conditions
Salary: $14.00 – 14.50 per hour
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Location(s): Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and surrounding area
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org while the internal applicants must apply via email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until March 20, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.