WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Invited applicants for the position of SUMMER STUDENT – FACILITIES
Approximately 12 Positions available (May 1 to September 1 based on operational needs)
Full-time day shift positions Monday to Friday
- The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Grounds maintenance including cutting, trimming, reseeding/sodding and rotor tilling
- Plant bed maintenance including: weeding, edging, mulching, trimming and pruning of plant material
- Tree maintenance including trimming, pruning and removal of branches
- Operate grounds care equipment: push mowers, leaf blowers and gas powered line trimmers
- Loading/delivery/unloading of school goods/equipment/furniture in accordance with established procedures & protocols
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution and provide proof of enrollment
- Must hold and provide proof of a valid G class licence & have a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to perform physical labour
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Experience in moving/delivery of large items
- Successful candidates will be required to wear protective clothing including, but not limited to long pants, CSA approved safety footwear and potentially eyewear regardless of the weather conditions
Salary: $14.00 – 14.50 per hour
(POSTING # SS – 2018-02 Summer Student – Facilities)
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Applications will be received no later than 4:00 pm on March 30, 2018.
Applicants must attach proof of enrolment in a secondary or post-secondary institution/abstract required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups. This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.