WATERLOO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Invites applicants for the position of
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (Temporary Contract January 4, 2021 – June 24, 2022)
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board with a total student population of 23,000, provides speech and language services to students in 52 schools (J.K. to Grade 12) across the Waterloo Region. As a member of the Student Services Team, you will provide assessment, consultation and program planning for students with a broad range of communication disorders, with emphasis on language/literacy issues. The position involves consultation with students, principals, teachers, parents and community agencies.
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent degree and registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech and Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated abilities to work collaboratively as an integral member of a team
- Consultation experience with a number of professionals, parents and community agencies
- Familiarity with a wide range of communication and special education programs and services
- Demonstrated staff development and leadership skills
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
Written application must include:
- A complete and up to date personal resume or curriculum vitae
- Documentation to support the qualifications and assets identified above
- A copy of Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech and Language Pathologists of Ontario
SALARY RANGE: $60,344. – 92,791 per year based on 194 school days per year and evaluation of years of experience in accordance with the provisions of the APSSP Collective Agreement.
Hours of Work: Temporary full time
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre – 35 Weber Street West, Unit A, Kitchener, Ontario
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants and email@example.com for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until December 7, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. Please use one method of application only.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
The successful candidate will need to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.