Job Posting Number APSSP 2020-09
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board with a total student population of 23,000, provides services to students in 52 schools (J.K. to Grade 12) across the Waterloo Region. As a member of the Student Services Team, you will provide assessment and counseling services for students with a broad range of issues. The position involves consultation with students, principals, teachers, parents and community agencies.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Skill in Risk assessment and crisis/critical incident intervention
- Clinical experience in brief counseling and related therapy
- Ability to be a positive, contributing member of a multidisciplinary team
- Member in good standing with the College of Social Workers / Social Service Workers
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle
- The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory criminal background check
- Experience in an educational setting
- Knowledgeable in another language
- Presentation skills in professional / leadership development activities
- Familiarity with a wide range of special education programs and services
Salary Range: $29,577 – 45,481 ($59.155-90,962 @ .5 FTE) per year based on 194 school days per year and evaluation of years of experience in accordance with the provisions of the APSSP Collective Agreement.
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre – 35 Weber Street West, Unit A, Kitchener, Ontario – will be advised of satellite location which will be one of our Secondary Schools.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach all required documentation required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org while the internal applicants must apply via email@example.com Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2020
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. Please use one method of application only.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
The successful candidate will need to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.