Job Posting: PASS 2019-07
Service Quality System (SQS) – Facilities Operations Supervisor
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Facility Services. As an SQS Facility Operations Supervisor, you will work within a supervisory team managing custodial staff providing a safe and clean learning environment for all students, staff and school communities.
- Responsible for executing the Service Quality System plan by providing the highest level of Service Quality in support of student learning
- Assist in the hiring of new custodians including recruitment, interview and selection
- Staffing of daily custodial absences and ensuring communications and paperwork is completed
- Supervision of custodial staff in your assigned area, site inspections, performance evaluations, coaching and assessment recommendations. Work collaboratively with Administrators and Human Resource Services where necessary in disciplinary and grievance processes
- Develop, monitor and revise school cleaning schedules
- Develop and execute professional development for custodial staff including SQS protocols and training programs
- Work collaboratively with Human Resource Services to develop modified and return to work plans. Monitor employee to ensure plans are being followed
- Meet with external contractors and suppliers to review contract expectations and discuss any concerns that may arise
- Assist the Senior Manager of Facility Services in the development and ongoing monitoring of custodial budgets.
- Purchase cleaning supplies and equipment for custodial staff
- Assist the Senior Manager of Facility Services in establishing priorities for the Board 3 Year Renewal plan
- Ensure that excellent customer service is provided by responding to inquiries as a team within 48 hours or less
- Work the afternoon shift (beginning at 3 pm) a minimum of 3 days/month on an identified schedule to ensure supervision is provided to afternoon custodial staff.
- Must be available for 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis among supervisor staff*.
- Complete any duties as assigned by Senior Manager
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience within a facility services team; preference will be given to individuals who have worked in an educational, multi-site and unionized setting, have SQS background and training and have training in management development courses
- Community College certificate/diploma in business, management development, construction or facility management, or equivalent experience with concentration in building maintenance with supervisory duties
- Basic computer competency – proficient in the use of computers and software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), eBase
- Demonstrate knowledge of custodial cleaning procedures and best practices
- Demonstrate working knowledge of building systems, operations and components as well as building construction
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable provincial regulations
- Possess outstanding leadership, problem solving, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess a valid drivers’ licence and use of a reliable personal vehicle is required
Salary Level At: PASS Level 6, $70,327 pursuant to the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Full time, 35 hours/week Monday – Friday, *see note above regarding on call.
Location(s): Dutton Dr., Waterloo
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on July 16, 2019
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org while the internal applicants must apply via email@example.com
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.