Secondary School Vice Principal
- Hold a current Certificate of Qualification with the Ontario College of Teachers
- At the time of application have completed Part 1 of the Ontario Principal’s Qualification Program and successfully complete Part 2 by September 1, 2020
- Hold Religious Education Certificate, Part I or a Letter of Equivalency from OECTA Provincial/OCSTA
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience
- Have developed a professional portfolio tied to the Catholic School Level Leadership Framework that demonstrates a transformation of lifelong learning experience(s) to teaching and learning practices
- Have received certification or enrolled in the Board’s Catholic Leadership Development Program
- Master’s degree
- Evidence to demonstrate participation in leadership experiences in a variety of settings
- Evidence of a clear understanding of the purpose and nature of leadership experiences in a Catholic School and in a variety of other settings
- Have broad teaching experience in various divisions and a variety of settings
- Have a good knowledge of special education policies and procedures
- Have a good working-knowledge of computers, office software and related school technology
- For external applicants: applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org while the internal applicants must apply via email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
Applications must include:
- A letter of application quoting the above posting number
- A complete and up-to-date personal resume or curriculum vitae
- A copy of the candidate’s most recent Teacher Performance Appraisal if available.
- Letters of reference from two individuals who can provide a current professional reference (one must be the candidate’s current supervisor/principal)
- A current satisfactory pastoral reference dated within the last 12 months. The form can be found at https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
- A signed endorsement from your Family of Schools Superintendent. The endorsement form can be found at https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
- Documentation to support the qualifications and assets identified above including a copy of your current Certification of Qualification
Applications will be accepted until April 26, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
Successful external candidates will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check prior to placement in a school. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.