St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number: AC-2020-055
Applications for the above teaching position at St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres are invited from all qualified and interested applicants. The Personal Support Worker Teacher(s) will be responsible to the Principal of St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres to teach the Personal Support Worker Program at St. Louis.
Course Codes: TPJ 3C, TPJ 4C, and TOJ 4C
General Description of Duties:
- Developing lesson plans and delivering in-class component of Personal Support Worker credit courses
- Developing course materials and curriculum content and ensure proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies
- Evaluating the progress of students and discussing results with students
- Creating reports of students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for improvement
- Facilitating Co-op component of Personal Support Worker course, including clinical supervision off campus
- Working as part of a team to guide and further develop the PSW program
- Participating in staff meetings
- Registered Nurse holding current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
(However, Registered Nurses with a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification and Senior teaching qualifications in the subject area, will be given preference)
- Hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification (If no candidates with an OCT apply, other candidates will be considered)
- 3 years’ experience in Nursing
- Preference given to those with experience in Long Term Care (LTC) and/or Community Nursing
- Hold a valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
- Certified rate $44.01 per hour plus Stat and Vacation Pay
- Uncertified rate $39.02 per hour, plus Stat and Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: August 2020 – July 15, 2021 potential Day & Evening assignments,
Location: Main Campus – 80 Young St, Kitchener or 515 Langs Dr., Cambridge in-class and in LTC facilities or On line
Hours of Work:
Up to 35 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: August 24, 2020 to July 15, 2021
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Applications will be received via email at email@example.com Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: July 29, 2020
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.