Secondary School Credit Teacher – Hairstyling/Barber Program
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number: AC-2020-086
Applications for the above teaching position at St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres are invited from all qualified and interested applicants. The Hairstyling Teacher will be responsible to the Principal of St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres to teach the Hairstyling Program at St. Louis.
Course Codes: TXJ 3E and TXJ 4E
General Description of Duties:
- Developing lesson plans and delivering in-class component of Hairstyling credit courses
- Developing course materials and curriculum content and ensure proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies
- Evaluating the progress of students and discussing results with students
- Reporting on student progress
- Creating reports of students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for improvement
- Working as part of a team to guide and further develop the Hairstyling program
- Following all Health and Safety protocols and processes
- Maintaining a positive and effective classroom learning environment
- Participating in staff meetings and PD
- Hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification (If no candidates with an OCT apply, other candidates will be considered)
- Have senior qualifications in the subject area (Technological Studies – Personal Services/Hairstyling)
- Hold a current Ontario Trade Certification of Qualification as a Hairstylist
- Have previous experience in the hair industry required
- Previous experience teaching would be an asset
- Assist in the delivery of the co-operative education component of the Hairstyling program
- Certified rate $44.01 per hour plus Stat and Vacation Pay
- Uncertified rate $39.02 per hour, plus Stat and Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: January 4, 2021 – June 25, 2021 M-F 8:45 – 3:30
Location: Main Campus – 80 Young St, Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter along with a copy of a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification, A copy of current certificate of qualification in the Hairstyling trade and any Red Seal certification, Practice teaching reports, Undergraduate and, if applicable, postgraduate university transcripts, Teacher Performance Appraisal (TPA) summative reports or most recent performance appraisals. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: November 23, 2020
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.