Entering Kindergarten

Kindergarten registration for the 2017 - 2018 school year is available for Waterloo Region’s 46 Catholic elementary schools -- providing the Region’s youngest citizens with a chance to benefit from a 180 year tradition of education excellence.

Children born in 2013 are eligible for Junior Kindergarten.

Children born in 2012 are eligible for Kindergarten.

Parents are invited to contact their local Catholic school directly for individual registration dates and times. As you will see below in step #3, you have 2 options for registration:  online or in person at the school.

Click on a title to expand section.

Step #1 - Find Your School

Step #2 - Are You Catholic?


  • Please proceed to step #3


  • If your child is not baptized and both parents are non-Catholic please contact the school prior to registration to set up an interview with the Principal. You may still be considered for Admission to a Waterloo Catholic School – Please follow https://www.wcdsb.ca/ap_memos/PDF/APA001.pdf  to read an overview of the application process.

Step #3 - Registration Options

Online Registration

Tutorial: PDF | Video

Click here for paper registration in other Languages.

Step #4 - What You Have to Bring

After completing the online or paper registration, please take the following documents with you to your meeting at the school:

  • Child’s Roman Catholic Baptismal Certificate or one Parent’s RC Baptismal Certificate (NOTE: If you are non-Catholic but wish to explore a Catholic education for your child(ren) please review the Admissions to Catholic Elementary Schools Policy).
  • Proof of Home Address
    • Driver’s License
    • Utility Statement
    • Purchase/Rental/Lease Agreement
    • Bank Document
  • Child’s Proof of Age and Legal Name (please provide one of the following documents):
    • Birth Certificate
    • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
    • Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad
    • Passport
    • Permanent Resident Card
    • Record of Landing
  • Confirmation of Date of Entry into Canada (if the date is within the previous four school years):
    • Permanent Resident Card
    • Record of Landing
    • Confirmation of Permanent Residence  

There may be other forms that you require; see below:

Related Information

Kids GroupGirl at Desk


NewsWire    Twitter Icon    YouTube Icon