French Immersion Review
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board will be making decisions and creating a plan related to French Immersion program delivery as it relates to accommodation.
French Immersion Review Committee (FI Review Committee)
A committee of principals, parents, and board staff has been established. This FI Review Committee will be responsible for providing guidance and advice to the Waterloo Catholic District School Board related to French Immersion program decisions and future accommodation plans.
The goals of the French Immersion Review are:
- To articulate the WCDSB values and beliefs regarding French Immersion program delivery.
- To ensure that students in French Immersion receive equitable access to quality program.
- To create a long term French Immersion delivery plan taking into account all WCDSB students and families. The delivery plan should respect fiscal and accommodation realities, the Board’s Long Term Accommodation Plan, and provide a predictable and transparent method of locating programs.
The review will culminate with a staff report outlining specific direction related to:
- School organization (grade structure, single track, dual track)
- Entry point
- French Immersion boundaries (and registration priorities)
- Transportation (as it relates to school organization)
- Criteria for selecting new FI sites
Process & Opportunity for Input
The FI Review Committee will carry out its work from November 2017 to March 2018.
A parent feedback survey was open from November 30 to December 15th. Thank you to everyone who completed the survey! The results will be used to inform the FI Review Committee’s discussions and recommendations.
Public Information Sessions will take place during the first week of March. More information will be sent out closer to that time.
Tues. March 6, 2018 – Our Lady of Fatima
Wed. March 7, 2018 – Sir Edgar Bauer
Thurs. March 8, 2018 – St. Anne
If you have specific comments, feedback or questions, please email email@example.com.