Program Coordinator– International Education
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board has an opening for a Program Coordinator – International Education. This challenging and rewarding position supports the International Education Services team and will be responsible for coordinating short term visa student programs, supporting the FTE international student/teacher programs and international recruitment. Specfic duties are outlined below:
The duties of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all aspects of the short term visa student programs from the point of student arrival through to the student’s placement within Waterloo Catholic District School Board schools (secondary, elementary, adult education)
- Managing established relationships between international student agents, government agencies and schools, ensuring ongoing communication during the student visa application and registration process
- Preparing students upon arrival with an orientation program, secondary and elementary school registration, home stay placement, and assessment testing
- Coordinating extra-curricular activities for students, transportation strategies, and health insurance
- Offering workshops to teachers and administrators related to accommodating foreign visa students
- Coordinating a professional development program for foreign educators interested in our system
- Managing and reporting on the budget, custodianship, and other aspects of the program
- Coordinating problem/issue resolution with management and school administration as required
- Supporting the FTE international student/teacher programs as required
- Participating in the marketing of the WCDSB International Education strategy, including travel abroad as required
- As a member of the Resource Development Office team, support various initiatives within the department as required
- A 3 year Post Secondary diploma or degree in a related field
- Three years business experience managing similar programs
- Excellent communcation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Valid drivers license and personal vehicle
- Available 24/7 for emergencies, including urgent medical situations
- Experience in working with English as a second language learners
- International education experience
- Language proficiency in a second language other than French
SALARY RANGE: PASS Level 4 – $60,218-70,843.
Interested applicants are asked to please send a covering letter and a complete resume to the address below, by no later than 4:00 pm on March 20, 2018. Please include the posting number and your name in the subject line of the e-mail.
Posting Number: PASS 2018-01
Fax #: 519- 578-3020
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
ACCESSIBILITY: To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 578-3660. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.