Job Posting Number PASS 2018-05
General Description of Duties
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain the inventory, transfer, retrieval and disposal of all Board records including Ontario Student Records
- Respond to requests for information and any resulting appeals made under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and Personal Health Information Protection Act and advise on release and disclosure in accordance with the Acts. Includes mediating, preparing affidavits and representations as required and required for appeals.
- Orient and train staff on Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation, records management policies, systems and processes
- Oversee all records facilities, including the Records Centre and schools identified for closure
- Maintain Board Archives
- Participate in the development of privacy and records-related Board policies and procedures
- Handle all inquiries related to records and archives
- Review Board policies, forms and processes to ensure the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act is met
- Facilitate electronic web forms and automated workflows within the Laserfiche document management system
- A post-secondary degree in Information Science or a diploma in Records Management or related field. Certified Records Manager (CRM) professional designation preferred
- Five to seven years of directly related experience in records management
- Knowledge of legislative, regulatory and fiscal requirements for records retention including the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Proficient working knowledge of information management system strategies and technology with demonstrated ability to create and manipulate electronic records.
- Experience with building and maintaining a records and information management (RIM) program.
- The incumbent must have exceptional organizational, communication and public relations skills and the ability to manage projects from start to finish.
- Microsoft Office: Intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access skills
- Laserfiche document management system experience
- Experience with electronic forms and automated workflows
- This position will work on the computer and with paper records in record storage locations. The duties involve some lifting, reaching and standing on a step stool or small ladder. Ability to lift record boxes of about 25 lbs is required
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
PASS Level 5, $64,436 – $75,808.00 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week/12 months per year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre – 35 Weber Street West, Unit A, Kitchener, Ontario
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. for external applicants and email@example.com for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until April 17, 2018
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.