Job Posting Number: UNIFOR2020-07 Plumber (Licenced)
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will complete the following duties:
- Maintenance of all systems related to plumbing system, fixtures and components, e.g. hot water heating, cooling, and domestic water systems.
- Installation of new equipment and alterations to existing equipment and systems.
- Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures.
- Repair and maintain water treatment equipment, piping, and controls.
- Install, repair, and maintain sinks and toilets.
- Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Complete and submit regulation paperwork, e.g. backflow testing.
- Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout for plumbing and related materials.
- Maintain all building codes, installation requirements and relevant legislation.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet environmental protection requirements.
- Provide emergency service as required during or after regular working hours.
- Must be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades
- Certification of Qualifications as Plumber (Gas Technician II certification an asset)
- Must demonstrate ability to troubleshoot plumbing issues.
- Physically capable of performing the duties as outlines above while working with regulated substances and confined space situations.
- Minimum three (3) years related experience as journeyman plumber.
- Demonstrate ability to read plans, specifications, blueprints, and manufacturers’ literature.
- Must have working knowledge of W.H.M.I.S. 2015 system and safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Hold and provide proof of a valid MTO Class G driver license with a safe driving record.
- Must be self-motivated, safety conscious, have excellent interpersonal and strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Good computer skills required.
Salary Range: 32.36 per hour in accordance with the UNIFOR Collective Agreement, plus full benefit package and OMERS Pension Plan
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 40 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Location(s): Facility Services (480 Dutton Dr) Service to schools in Waterloo Region
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach all required documentation required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
External applicants: applications will be received via email at email@example.com while the internal applicants must apply via firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm January 8th, 2021
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. Please use one method of application only.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.