The Personal Support Worker (PSW) will enhance support and provide care to students with health-related, physical, mobility, and toileting needs in all schools in the Waterloo Catholic DSB. In addition, a PSW will support students with alternative expectations and occupational, physical and communication goals. The PSW will assist with the understanding and management of challenging behavior associated with cognitive impairment. The Senior Manager of Learning Services will work with school Administrators to identify where the role of a PSW may enhance the support to students with special needs at a school
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Provide identified students with support such as recommended by occupational, physical, and communication therapists.
- Transfer and lift students, using appropriate and safe techniques and devices to allow for toileting, changing, repositioning and dressing
- Assist students with mobility as required
- Assist in the operation of specialized equipment.
- Assist in occupational and physiotherapy strategies as directed by school personnel in consultation with School Health Services.
- Assist with the implementation of Behaviour Support Plans under the direction of the Classroom teacher, Special Education teacher or School Administrator
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate.
- Developmental Services Worker diploma will be accepted.
- Related work experience with children with special needs.
- BMS (Behaviour Management System) training is an asset.
- A reliable vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license as travel throughout the Waterloo Region will be required.
HOURLY RATE: $23.23 per hour
Complete applications must be submitted directly to the posting and will be received up to 4:00 pm on February 23, 2018. Applications are accepted via Apply to Education (www.applytoeducation.com) or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered for interviews – for the details of a complete application checklist please visit: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/. This posting is for consideration for the Supply List.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All successful candidates will be required to pass a physical prescreening test as a condition of employment.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.