Job Posting Number: AC-2021-130
8 Permanent Elementary French as a Second Language (FSL) Teachers teaching Grades 4 to 8 at various schools throughout Waterloo Region
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board serves over 30,000 learners and provides services to students in 50 schools (Kindergarten to Grade 12 and adult learners) across the Waterloo Region.
The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
The WCDSB’s vision is to make our schools the heart of the community, with success for each and a place for all. Our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this. In support of our vision, we invite applications from all interested Certified teachers with FSL qualifications to apply directly to the posting that can be found on Apply to Education website at: https://wcdsb.simplication.com.
- Cover letter and resume
- Ontario College of Teachers’ Certificate of Qualification (OCT Number)
- Most Recent Teacher Performance Appraisal (if available)
- Practice teaching reports
- University transcripts (including post-graduate if available)
- Two professional references:
- Employed by a School Board on a contract position within the last 24 months – one reference must be the most recent, immediate supervisor.
- Faculty of Education student within the last 12 months and not been employed by a School Board on a contract position – one reference must be a Faculty of Education Advisor or Associate Teacher.
- Returning to a teaching from a leave greater than 24 months – professional and/or academic references or alternative may be personal character references.
Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: https://wcdsb.simplication.com
A Complete Application Checklist for Teachers can be found at:
Please ensure all documentation required in the checklist is submitted – “incomplete applications are not considered”
Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm on October 21, 2021.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check. For further information on Criminal Background Checks, please refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.