Job Posting- PASS 2019-09
Reporting to the Manager of Budget and Financial Reporting, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Day to day operation, supervision, and support of the Payroll Department
- Providing technical support, including training to Payroll Administrators to ensure compliance with board policies and relevant legislation
- Building and maintain collaborative relationships with Human Resource Services, stakeholders and service providers
- Reviewing and approving bi-weekly payrolls for 10 unique payrolls to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing
- Ensuring the data integrity of OMERS and TPP pension information submitted as well as ensuring deadlines for completion of annual reconciliations as required (i.e T4s, EHT, TPP/OMERS reconciliations etc.)
- Responding to staff and service providers in a timely manner with focus on customer service
- Assisting with annual payroll accruals, monthly account reconciliations and journal entries
- Developing, implementing and maintaining procedures, records and payroll manuals
- Assisting with retirement meetings, Administrative Assistant in-services and attend Labour Management meetings as required
- Understanding and serving as back-up for Payroll Administrators as well as assisting Payroll Administrators during peak workloads
- Other duties as assigned
- Active Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation or working towards designation
- College or University education in a related field such as Business Administration, Human Resources or Accounting
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and advanced computer applications, including advanced Excel skills
- Minimum 3 years current, relevant experience in a supervisory role working with multiple union payrolls, pensions and benefits
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and planning skills with an ability to work independently while continually multi-tasking
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- School board or other public sector experience
- Knowledge of Ceridian, ISYSWorks payroll and MS Dynamics NAV
Salary Level at: PASS level 6 $70,327 – 82,739 pursuant to the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Full time, 35 hours/week Monday – Friday
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre (temporarily located at St Agatha Elementary School until Fall 2019)
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on July 19, 2019
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.