Job Posting Number: PASS 2019-19
Reporting to the Manager of Budget and Financial Reporting, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Day to day operation, supervision, and support of the Payroll Department
- Providing technical support, including training to Payroll Administrators to ensure compliance with board policies and relevant legislation
- Building and maintain collaborative relationships with Human Resource Services, stakeholders and service providers
- Reviewing and approving bi-weekly payrolls for 10 unique payrolls to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing
- Ensuring the data integrity of OMERS and TPP pension information submitted as well as ensuring deadlines for completion of annual reconciliations as required (i.e T4s, EHT, TPP/OMERS reconciliations etc.)
- Responding to staff and service providers in a timely manner with focus on customer service
- Assisting with annual payroll accruals, monthly account reconciliations and journal entries
- Developing, implementing and maintaining procedures, records and payroll manuals
- Assisting with retirement meetings, Administrative Assistant in-services and attend Labour Management meetings as required
- Understanding and serving as back-up for Payroll Administrators as well as assisting Payroll Administrators during peak workloads
- Other duties as assigned
- Active Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation or working towards designation
- College or University education in a related field such as Business Administration, Human Resources or Accounting
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and advanced computer applications, including advanced Excel skills
- Minimum 3 years current, relevant experience in a supervisory role working with multiple union payrolls, pensions and benefits
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and planning skills with an ability to work independently while continually multi-tasking
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- School board or other public sector experience
- Knowledge of ISYSWorks payroll and MS Dynamics NAV
Salary Level or Salary Range Starting At PASS Level 6, $70,679. per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employement
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach all required documentation required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at email@example.com while the internal applicants must apply via firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until January 10, 2020
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. Please use one method of application only.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position.