Specifics on location/schedule identified below
Job Posting #C-2020-32
Seniority is a determining factor
General Description of Duties:
Payroll administrators process payments to employees based on information received by Human Resource Services. The ideal candidate should be able to problem solve, work as a member of an interdependent team, and provide constructive feedback on processes and systems used by the department.
- Computerized calculation of pay, deductions and contributions.
- Calculation of adjustments for paid and unpaid absences.
- Verify, edit and transmit on-line production reports.
- Timely remittance of statutory and non-statutory deductions.
- Familiarity with pension plans.
- Preparation and verification of all journal entries and cheque requests.
- Supporting duties ie., responding to employee inquiries and ad hoc reports.
- Effectively communicate with government agencies, other departments and employees.
- Two-year college diploma in business or a related discipline.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification (Canadian Payroll Association), or in progress.
- Minimum of two years payroll experience in a computerized payroll environment.
- Knowledge and ability in a variety of software applications related to payroll.
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of applicable government legislation and the ability to implement collective agreements, pension plans and all payroll related regulations.
- Strong communication and analytical ability with excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated sound decision making skills involving the use of considerable ingenuity, initiative, judgement and resourcefulness.
- Knowledge of the Canada Revenue Agency, Service Canada, Employment Standards Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and Employer Health Tax Regulations.
- Possess organizational and multi tasking skills in a busy work environment.
Hourly Rate: $26.46 to $28.00 per hour (rates effective September 1, 2020)
(Plus a current Market Adjustment Allowance of $8,000 is associated with the position)
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
Work schedule determined by the Supervisor
Location: Corporate Services at the Catholic Education Centre, Kitchener, ON
Weeks/Year: 52 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Applications will be considered in the following order:
- Qualified permanent CUPE Bargaining Unit employees, with seniority.
- Qualified probationary and temporary CUPE employees, including employees in other Bargaining Units/Associations.
- Qualified external applicants.
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on November 19, 2020.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
In the application process, identify your qualifications and abilities, such as relevant experience, to perform the duties of this job. Include your Diplomas/Certificates in your application.
Internal applicants must submit a resume via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
External applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: www.applytoeducation.com. For ApplytoEducation assistance, please contact 1-877-900-5627 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 7:00 pm EST.)
Detailed information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.