Community involvement is more than a diploma requirement for our WCDSB students. The experience gained through community involvement allows students to grow in knowledge and appreciation of themselves and their God-given gifts, and to find meaning, dignity and vocation in work which respects the rights of all and contributes to the common good.
Additional Benefits of Community Involvement:
- students are motivated and encouraged to develop awareness and understanding of civic responsibility;
- increased awareness of the important role students play in supporting and strengthening their communities;
- an opportunity for students to develop new skills and gain valuable work experience;
- develop a positive image and greater sense of belonging within the community;
- explore interests and connections to their future pathway;
- secondary and post-secondary schools may acknowledge exemplary efforts with rewards and scholarships;
- provides networking opportunities for future employment.
For more information on the community involvement OSSD requirement and eligible community involvement activities please visit your secondary school guidance office.