Manager of Budget and Financial Reporting – Contract position October 2018 – July 2019
Job Posting Number: PASS 2018-27
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Financial Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following challenging duties and responsibilities:
- Organize and collaborate with stakeholders in order to prepare the annual approved and revised budgets including presentation materials and reports
- Identify budget pressures and funding shortfalls annually based on the Ministry of Education’s technical funding paper
- Day to day functioning, supervision and support of the Financial Analysts whose main responsibilities are salaries and benefits preparation, budget monitoring, reporting and analysis
- Oversee monthly monitoring of budgets and reporting to stakeholders
- Prepare quarterly interim financial reports for management and Audit Committee
- Provide financial and technical support to board and school personnel concerning financial transactions
- Assist with the year end audit including analysis, schedules, and population of Ministry documents
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional accounting designation
- Degree in a business-related field
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and advanced computer applications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a role carrying out similar work
- Advanced analytical and multi-tasking skills and ability to work independently
- Knowledge and understanding of PSAB for local governments and Financial Administration Act
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and language skills
- School board or other public sector experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV
- Diploma in School Board Administration
Salary Range: PASS Level 9, Salary Range: 84,457-99,361 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . for external applicants and email@example.com for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until October 5, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.