At the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, we believe that preparing students today for the challenges of an ever-changing world is our highest priority and our reputation is proof that we work hard to accomplish this. In meeting the demands of today’s educational needs, we invite all interested applicants to apply to this posting for consideration of our Library Technician Supply List.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Supports the delivery of curriculum and the development of information literacy by helping patrons locate and use relevant print and electronic resources.
- Maintain a physical collection by shelving materials, shelf-reading for shelf order.
- Facilitate book exchanges, literacy initiatives, readers advisory, and reading aloud to groups.
- Provide orientation and training to students and staff as well providing library services and literacy activities within the school through web pages, and newsletters.
- Maintains the library budget and selects new library materials based on Board guidelines and the needs of the school community; communicate with the school administration on priorities.
- Produce overdue notices to account for all library materials.
- Develop school library collections considering needs of the school and operating within parameters set out in Board policies.
- Catalogues and circulates library materials using the automated library system.
- Maintains the AV equipment collection, and provides basic set-up and troubleshooting.
- Maintains bibliographic records using reports and undertakes regular inventories of the library collection as outlined in Board policies.
- Knowledge or training in library systems software including cataloguing and inventory, and online databases.
For a complete description of the responsibilities, refer to Elements of a Quality Elementary School Library Program.
- Must have completed the Library and Information Technician Diploma in addition to possessing one (1) to two (2) years of experience working with children in a school or public library.
- Proficient in computer applications; MS Office, library software.
- Understand the cataloguing and inventory processes.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to plan work, multi-task and prioritize.
HOURLY RATE: $25.04 per hour
Complete applications must be submitted directly to the posting and will be received up to 4:00 pm on February 23, 2018. Applications are accepted via Apply to Education (www.applytoeducation.com) or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered for interviews – for the details of a complete application checklist please visit: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/. This posting is for consideration for the Supply List.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Those selected will be required to complete testing before/after their interview is scheduled.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.