CUPE Local 2512
September 4, 2018
Library Technician [Part-time] – Level 6
Opportunity Bulletin #OB-2018-05
(Seniority is not a determining factor)
General Description of Duties:
- Supports the delivery of curriculum and the development of information literacy by helping patrons locate and use relevant print and electronic resources.
- Maintain a physical collection by shelving materials, shelf-reading for shelf order.
- Facilitate book exchanges, literacy initiatives, readers advisory, and reading aloud to groups and assist with school-based literacy initiatives.
- Provide orientation and training to students and staff as well providing library services and literacy activities within the school through web pages and newsletters.
- Maintains the library budget and selects new library materials based on Board guidelines and the needs of the school community; communicate with the school administration on priorities.
- Produce overdue notices to account for all library materials.
- Develop school library collections considering needs of the school and operating within parameters set out in Board policies.
- Catalogues and circulates library materials using the automated library system.
- Maintains the AV equipment collection, and provides basic set-up and troubleshooting.
- Maintains bibliographic records using reports and undertakes regular inventories of the library collection as outlined in Board policies.
- Promotes library services and literacy activities within the school and parent community through web pages, and newsletters.
For a complete description of the responsibilities, refer to Elements of a Quality Elementary School Library Program.
- Must have completed the Library and Information Technician Diploma in addition to possessing one (1) to two (2) years of experience working with children in a school or public library.
- Proficient in computer applications; MS Office, library software.
- Understand the cataloguing and inventory processes.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to plan work, multi-task and prioritize.
Hourly Rate: $25.55 – $27.04 per hour
Hours of Work: Part-time, 17.5 hours per week
Work schedule determined by the Administrator
Location: St. Teresa Catholic Elementary School, Kitchener, ON
Weeks/Year: Approx. 42 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested internal applicants who wish to increase or decrease their contractual status or interested external candidates are requested to submit an application complete with a resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you are an internal applicant that has been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (and/or email@example.com). Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm on September 12, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.