CUPE Local 2512
Resource Centre, Catholic Education Centre, Kitchener, ON
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports school library staff with their use of Library.Solution integrated library software;
- Updates and maintains digital content on Virtual Learning Commons using LibGuides software;
- Supports the delivery of curriculum and the development of information literacy by helping staff and students locate and use relevant print and electronic resources;
- Supports video streaming and Overdrive e-books;
- Catalogues and circulates library materials using the automated library system;
- Maintains patron and bibliographic records using reports, and undertakes regular inventories of the library collection as outlined in Board policies;
- Promotes The Learning Commons – CEC services through web pages, and system announcements.
For a complete description of the responsibilities, refer to Elements of a Quality Elementary School Library Program.
- Must have completed the Library and Information Technician Diploma in addition to one (1) or two (2) years of experience working with children in a school or public library;
- Position requires flexibility to meet the needs of the schools and requires travel to elementary schools within the Board;
- Must have understanding of the cataloguing and inventory processes;
- Possess the ability to problem-solve and work independently on projects to support the goals of the library program;
- Requires flexibility to undertake a variety of technical and public services tasks in constantly changing settings;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound judgment;
- Experience with LibGuides, Overdrive and HTML would be a definite asset;
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license as travel throughout the Waterloo Region will be required.
Hourly Rate: $25.30 – $26.77 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (includes 1 hour unpaid lunch break)
Weeks/Year: Approx. 42 weeks/year
Effective Date: Approx. March 22, 2018
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at email@example.com and external applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on March 20, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.