CUPE Local 2512
Experiential Learning Department, Catholic Education Centre, Kitchener, ON
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Report to the superintendent of student success/experiential learning.
- Assign tasks and coordinate duties of other administrative assistants.
- Monitor and reconcile the experiential learning budget lines.
- Support coordination, promotion and implementation of school district experiential learning offerings.
- Liaise with post-secondary institutions and secondary guidance staff in support of magnet programs (UCEP, CCEP, Community Build, Summer Co-op, CAPP).
- Complete Ministry reporting as required. Maintain accurate data in the completion of these reports
- Coordination of special event correspondence – experiential learning.
- Maintenance of website (WordPress –training support by IT) for experiential learning programs.
- Support the centralized placement borrowing procedures with our coterminous board.
- Provide support to St. Louis for summer school programs including experiential learning.
- Ensure management and privacy of student confidential records.
- Support and maintain the database management system of the board’s COOP employers. This includes but not limited to maintaining accurate updated records
- Support the “Joint Guideline Borrowing Protocol” with our coterminous board.
- Working with “Career Cruising-Xello” and “My Blueprint” in the support of student course selection and the extraction of data.
- Possess a two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration.
- Possess 1-2 years related work experience.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Programs.
- Knowledge of Coop Writer, Navision, SmartFind, Trillium, GAFE, Hour Republic (version of Charity Republic).
- Communications to parents – maintain student data including updating personal information reporting to Ministry of Education, report card set up and printing of report cards and report card envelopes with labels.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Problem solving/Decision Making/Conflict Resolution.
- Task prioritization.
Hourly Rate: $25.04 – $26.49 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
8:00 am – 4:00 pm (includes 1 hour unpaid lunch break)
Weeks/Year: 52 weeks/year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at email@example.com and external applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on March 27, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
A Successful Candidate who is not currently employed with the Waterloo Catholic DSB will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.