International Languages Secondary School Credit Teacher – Japanese Language
Course Codes: LKJ BD, LKJ CU, LKJ DU
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting Number: AC-2020-059
General Description of Duties:
- Deliver the secondary school international language curriculum in a classroom or virtual, face to face setting (depending on public health direction) – Japanese
- Developing course materials and curriculum content in accordance with the Ministry of Education Curriculum document for International Languages gr. 9-12: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/secondary/classiclang912curr.pdf and ensure proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students
- Identifying students’ individual learning needs and using a variety of instructional strategies including small group, individual, whole class, and co-operative learning experiences
- Evaluating the progress of students and discussing results with students and parents
- Creating annual reports of students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for improvement
- Ensuring a safe academic environment conducive to learning in class and online
- Promoting positive attitudes towards, and encouraging enthusiasm for language learning
- Participating in staff meetings, educational conferences, instructor training workshops, and extracurricular cultural events and activities
- Utilize Virtual Platforms in the online teaching, if necessary, with the Google brand (specifically Meet, Docs, Slides, Forms), YouTube videos
- Create a lesson from a PowerPoint or Google slide show, add voice if you wish to send the file to students.
- Utilize Google Meets to deliver the teaching of reading story/literature, demonstration/writing, reading aloud and conversation with the students
- Engage students in communicative, real life, task-based language activities which emphasize the 3 strands of oral, reading and writing
- Hold a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification (If no candidates with an OCT apply, other candidates will be considered)
- Intermediate & Senior teaching qualifications in the credit language
- Demonstrable evidence of instructing in the credit language –Japanese
- A certification in language instruction from an accredited College or University would be an asset
- Certified rate $44.01 per hour plus Stat and Vacation Pay
- Uncertified rate $33.85 per hour, plus Stat and Vacation Pay
Hours of Work: September 16, 2020 – May 26, 2021 (evening classes Wed – 5:30pm- 8:30pm)
Location: Wednesday evening at Main Campus – 80 Young St, Kitchener or on line
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter along with a copy of a current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification, Practice teaching reports, Undergraduate and, if applicable, postgraduate university transcripts, Teacher Performance Appraisal (TPA) summative reports or most recent performance appraisals.
Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: August 24, 2020 at 4pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.