International Languages –Russian Language Instructor- JK-Grade 3
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting # CE-2021-12
Applications for the position of Language Instructor – Russian are being accepted by the International Languages Program – Elementary for St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres.
IL Instructors support the language learning of each student in a physical or a remote environment. They have responsibility related to the program, the students, the parents, the community, and the classroom. The instructors must understand the concepts of equity and inclusiveness in the Canadian context.
The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
General Description of Duties:
- Supporting student learning, and supporting program success in the remote and physical environment
- Foster a safe and secure physical and virtual classroom environment
- Identify what students are expected to know and be able to do (learning goals) and what it looks like when they are successful (success criteria), and share this information effectively with students and parents
- Interact effectively with students using different technological tools in an organized and systematic way
- Explore new solutions, e-tools, platforms to engage all students in a real life, task based, relevant to student experience learning of the second language
- Be flexible and innovative while planning, conducting, and managing a physical or a virtual classroom
- Develop long and short-term lesson plans to meet the needs and program objectives in virtual and physical classroom environment
- Using the target language as the language of instruction and communication whenever possible
- Participating in staff meetings, educational conferences, instructor training workshops, and extracurricular cultural events and activities
- Collaborate with the school community, parents, and other teachers to improve teaching methods, explore new and safe platforms and improve student wellbeing
- Utilize Google Meet when needed to deliver the teaching of reading story/literature, demonstration/writing, reading aloud and conversation with the students
- Fluent in oral and written Russian
- Preference will be given to those candidates with professional experience teaching languages & working with children
- Passionate about different cultures and the power of learning languages
- Ability to deliver programs in a fun and dynamic approach in a physical and remote environment
- Professional proficiency in English
- Degree in child development, elementary education, foreign language education strongly preferred
- Ability to work successfully with colleagues on a team
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Location and Hours:
Initially Remote Learning
- 9:30 am to 12:00 pm.
- Position is effective Sept.18, 2021
- Moving to In-Person Learning – Date TBD
- In-Person Location: Main Campus, 80 Young St. Kitchener
- $27.47 per hour (plus vacation pay)
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter or an email expressing interest
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until: September 20, 2021
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.