International Languages – Polish Language Supply Instructors
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting # CE-2020-13
Applications for the position of Polish Language Supply Instructors are being accepted by the International Languages Program – Elementary for St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres.
IL Instructors support the language learning of each student in a remote environment. They have responsibilities related to the program, the students, the parents, the community, and the classroom. The instructors must understand the concepts of equity and inclusiveness in the Canadian context.
Summary of Duties:
- Supporting student learning and supporting program success in a remote environment.
- Foster a safe and secure virtual classroom environment.
- Identify what students are expected to know and be able to do (learning goals) and what it looks like when they are successful (success criteria) and share this information effectively with students and parents.
- Interact effectively with students using different technological tools in an organized and systematic way.
- Explore new solutions, e-tools, platforms to engage all students in a real life, task based, relevant to student experience learning of the second language.
- Be flexible and innovative while planning, conducting, and managing virtual classroom.
- Develop long and short-term lesson plans to meet the needs and program objectives in virtual and physical classroom environment.
- Using the target language as the language of instruction and communication whenever possible.
- Participating in staff meetings, educational conferences, instructor training workshops, and extracurricular cultural events and activities.
- Collaborate with the school community, parents, and other teachers to improve teaching methods, explore new and safe platforms and improve student wellbeing.
- Fluent in oral and written English and the language of instruction. (Polish)
- Demonstrated ability to use Google Classroom and Google Meet
- Ability to manage lessons with classes containing students of several ability levels.
- Commitment to work effectively as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to deliver lessons in a fun and dynamic approach.
- Degree in child development, elementary education, foreign language education strongly preferred.
- Relevant teaching experience or appropriate related experience with elementary school-age children.
- Teaching experience from other countries will be considered.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Location and Hours:
- Currently Remote from home
- (;00 – 11:30 am or 9:30 am to 12:00 am
- Position is effective asap – School year ends June 12, 2021
- $27.20 per hour (plus vacation pay)
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: December 18, 2020
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.