International Languages – Czech Language Instructor
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre
Posting # CE-2020-07
Applications for the position of a Language Instructor – Czech Language are being accepted by the International Languages Program – Elementary for St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centres.
IL Instructors directly support the language learning of each student. They have responsibility related to the program, the students, the parents, the community, and the classroom. The instructors must understand the concepts of equity and inclusiveness in the Canadian context.
Summary of Duties:
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Instruct class accordingly to daily lesson plan using appropriate and relevant resources and current methods of delivery;
- Develop goal-based short and long-term plans that reflect students’ needs and learning styles;
- Identify what students are expected to know and be able to do (learning goals) and what it looks like when they are successful (success criteria), and share this information with students and parents;
- Ensure that students understand established learning goals and success criteria to help them set personal learning goals and to determine how to meet them;
- Provide each student with feedback based on the learning goals and success criteria, his or her strengths and areas for improvement;
- Encourage students to use success criteria to monitor their own learning progress (self-assessment);
- Report formally to parents on student progress as required by the school board;
- Maintain a positive environment that emphasizes child-centered and activity-based learning in line with other ministry policies;
- With students develop classroom routines and expectations aligned with the school code of behaviour;
- Supervise students to ensure their safety and well-being before and during class and after class;
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences, instructor training workshops, and extracurricular cultural events and activities.
- Make contact with the parents using approved communication channels such as school e-mail, newsletters, board websites;
- Ensure the classroom and equipment is tidy and secure at the close of class;
- Ensure that volunteers understand instructor expectations and direction when they engage with students;
- Other related duties as assigned;
- Fluent in oral and written English and the language of instruction.
- Ability to manage lessons with classes containing students of several ability levels.
- Commitment to work effectively as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to deliver lessons in a fun and dynamic approach.
- Degree in child development, elementary education, foreign language education strongly preferred.
- Relevant teaching experience or appropriate related experience with elementary school-age children.
- Teaching experience from other countries will be considered.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Location and Hours:
- John Sweeney , 185 Activa Rd. Kitchener
- 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- Position is effective Sept., 2020 to June , 2021
- $26.66 per hour (plus vacation pay)
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: April 30, 2020
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.