Human Resources Administrative Assistant II – WSIB and Attendance Management – Temporary Contract for approximately 16 months
Under direction of the Human Resource Services Officer accountable for Total Absence Management, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Request, receive, and review medical documentation to determine eligibility for sick benefits and/or workplace accommodations in accordance with the Board’s policies and procedures;
- Assist with the WSIB claims management process by investigating incidents, preparing and submitting WSIB claim forms, communicating with the employee, WSIB, and/or health care practitioners verbally or in writing, record and document claim activity;
- Evaluate employee abilities as per medical documentation or standard medical precautions, develop RTW and/or accommodation plans in cooperation with appropriate parties, provide support and actively monitor the plan;
- Participate in, or facilitate, attendance management meetings with employees, supervisors and union representatives;
- Respond to employee inquiries via telephone or email, communicate expectations and responsibilities in accordance with Board policy and procedure;
- Maintain databases and electronic files and preparation of correspondence;
- Monitor and track expenditures in accordance with the program’s annual budget;
- Carry out ad hoc research projects as assigned;
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Human Resource Administration, Business/Secretarial or a related field or equivalent;
- 2-3 years work experience, preferably with any of the following; WSIB claims, disability management programs, attendance management programs, workplace accommodations, multi-union environments;
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation i.e. Employment Standards Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Human Rights Code, Protection of Privacy;
- Proven ability to manage conflict and handle confrontational situations;
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a busy environment with unexpected interruptions;
- Strong interpersonal skills along with superior assessment, problem solving and analytical thinking ability;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs and databases, Parklane etc.
PASS Level 2, $53,653 – 63,123 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Temporary full time: 35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, Temporarily located St Agatha School, St Agatha https://goo.gl/maps/jnNg2YS533T2
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at email@example.com while the internal applicants must apply via firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until April 9, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.