Job Posting: APSSP 2018-03
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board with a total student population of 23,000, provides services to students in 52 schools (J.K. to Grade 12) across the Waterloo Region. As a member of the Student Services Team, you will provide assessment and recommendations for students with a broad range of issues. The position involves consultation with students, principals, teachers, parents and community agencies.
- Master’s degree in psychology
- Registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario having the authority to perform the controlled act of diagnosis autonomously and ‘school psychology’ as a declared area of competency with the College
- Evidence of experience in psychoeducational assessment and consultation
- Ability/attitude to be a positive, contributing member of a multidisciplinary team within a number of school settings
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and be able to use own vehicle
- Experience in an educational setting and knowledgeable in another language
- Participation in ongoing professional/leadership development activities
- Familiarity with a wide range of special education programs and services
- Knowledge and experience in providing consultation with teachers, administrators and parents on the intellectual, academic, social and emotional development of students
A letter of application quoting the file number below, a complete and up-to-date personal resume or curriculum vitae.
Documentation to support the qualifications and assets identified above.
$58,278-89,613 per year based on 194 school days per year and evaluation of years of experience in accordance with the provisions of the APSSP Collective Agreement.
If you possess the skills, qualifications and personal attributes listed above and wish to be considered for this position, please send your application to the undersigned no later than 4:00 pm on June 18, 2018. Ensure that you included the posting number and your name in the email subject line.
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre – 35 Weber Street West, Unit A, Kitchener, Ontario
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. for external applicants and email@example.com for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.