EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING OFFICER – Specialist High Skills Major- Full time permanent
Job Posting Number: PASS 2018-32
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary focus: coordination of sign up for the Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) program, coordination of visits to local business, industry and institutions; sourcing and co-ordination of training certifications for students in the SHSM
- Budget planning and tracking
- Database Maintenance
- Provide support for Skills Canada competitions
- Network and promote experiential learning initiatives to the community
- Ability to manage content updates for various websites
- Some travel required to schools and various community placements
Basic Qualifications and Requirements:
- A college diploma or university degree in a related area or a trades journeyman certificate and related work experience or equivalent
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Publisher, Adobe Dreamweaver, Techsmith Camtasia/Snagit and email software
- G Driver’s License, clean driving record and access to a reliable vehicle
- Knowledge of related Ministry of Education policies and procedures
- Experience in an educational setting
- Experience in event management
- Ability to coordinate with external contacts in schools, businesses and independent service providers
- Be knowledgeable about Workplace Safety and related safety training
Salary Range: PASS Level 3, 56,842-66,870 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Full time: 35 hours per week
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants and email@example.com for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until January 4, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.