EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Executive Administrative Assistant will work in a highly confidential atmosphere providing support to the Superintendent of Learning. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall day-to-day management and coordination of a planned office setting and effective work base for the superintendent such that Ministry, Board and school policy is implemented and the day to day supervision and operation of our district Catholic schools is effectively carried out.
- Use a variety of software to produce letters, memos, reports, policies, minutes of meetings, meeting agendas, interview preparations, communications and accounting;
- Provide support including: planning, researching, compiling data, analysis of incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions and reports;
- Liaison with administration, Human Resources, school administrators, staff, and parents, etc.
- Respond to calls with answers based on school and Board operations, policies and procedures
- React quickly to emergencies by contacting appropriate administrators
- Maintain electronic calendar of appointments and
- Set up school visit schedule, appointments and coordination of meetings
- Assist with maintaining budgets;
- Absolute confidentiality of job related matters is essential
- Ensure the completion and submission of Ministry (and other) reports as required
- Post-Secondary Graduate with a Diploma/Degree in Business / Administrative Studies or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a secretarial / administrative position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and working knowledge of the Internet
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of initiative, independence and good judgment
- Proven problem solving, conflict resolution and communication skills
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation and board AP memoranda
- Ability to work evening hours
PASS Level 2, $53,122 – 62,498 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at email@example.com for external applicants and firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until January 16, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities in your submission.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.