Elementary School Chaplain
Applications for assignment to a position as a Catholic Chaplain are invited from qualified and interested candidates. This position involves ministering to elementary students in Grades JK-8, with special emphasis on facilitating retreats. All elementary schools involve their Grade 8 (and sometimes Grade 7) students in a 3-day retreat experience with schools assuming responsibility for the evening and overnight supervision. Chaplains will visit classes, preside at liturgies and provide crisis response. Chaplains will collaborate with school level staff, other chaplains, parish personnel, system level staff, and parents. The successful candidate will bring pastoral, ethical, doctrinal, liturgical, and theological leadership to the district community.
- Completed or in progress of completing a university degree in religious studies, theology, divinity, liturgy or certification in a recognized theological program. If degree is in progress, must be completed by September 1, 2020.
- A certificate in pastoral or youth ministry (or equivalent background)
- Evidence of training and/or experience in liturgy working with youth and collaborating with other adults
- Demonstrated organizational, facilitation and pastoral counseling skills
- Certification in first aid or CPR or commitment to obtain certificate
- Must possess a valid drivers licence and be able to use own vehicle
- Ablility to play guitar and sing are desired assets
If you possess the skills, qualifications and personal attributes listed above and wish to be considered for this position, please send:
- A current pastoral reference Form B for leadership positions as posted on the Board website or click on the link https://www.wcdsb.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/36/2018/08/HR006F_PastoralRefAdminExtended.pdf
- A letter of application including a personal reflection (not to exceed one page) on youth ministry;
- A complete up-to-date personal resumé or curriculum vitae;
- Two current professional references;
- Documentation to support the qualifications and assets identified above.
PASS Level 5 53,090 – $62,460 annually – pro-rated for 42 weeks per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment+ 6% vacation pay. With the following lay off periods: Christmas Break, March Break, Summer, returning 1 week prior to start of school.
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week / 42 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Elementary Schools in Waterloo Region
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach all required documentation required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at email@example.com while the internal applicants must apply via firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.