CUPE Local 2512
Blessed Sacrament Catholic Elementary School, Kitchener, ON
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Assist the Early Learning Team with various tasks such as: preparing activities and children for outside play, helping with circle activities, preparing program activities and organizing the environment.
- Interact with children in the classroom.
- Collecting and filing samples of children’s work.
- General population supervision.
- Any other tasks as assigned under the supervision of the Administrator.
- High school graduate;
- 1 year related experience working with children.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills in a busy work environment.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Board and Ministry policies and procedures as well as Early Learning Program would be a definite asset.
Hourly Rate: $21.01 – $22.22 per hour
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-time, 32.5 hours per week
8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Work schedule includes a 1/2 hour unpaid lunch break
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Please note: These positions are identified typically in January when the number of students in an Full Day Kindergarten (FDK) classroom exceeds the number of 30. This position only lasts until the end of June 29, 2018 and as a result, you would be laid off on July 3, 2018.
Qualified and interested applicants are requested to submit a written application and/or resume outlining their specific qualifications and ability to do this job. Diplomas/Certificates required for this position must also be attached to your written application in order to be considered as a candidate. If you have been deemed qualified because of your current position, this documentation is not necessary.
Internal applications will be received via email at email@example.com and external applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/.
Applications will be received up until 4:00 PM on March 27, 2018.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information, refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.