Rates and Categories
"Recognized not for profit youth and adult programs qualify for reduced rates under the Ministry of Education’s Community Use of Schools Program."
Any fees are based on the following group categories as determined by the Waterloo Catholic District School Board and Ministry of Education. Payments are made through the permit application using a Visa or Master Card. Applicable charges are applied to the account once a month. Permit holders will have secure 24/7 access to their online account to view billing and payment history. Please review the descriptions of the categories to determine the fees you will be charged. Groups not listed in the above categories will be at the discretion of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.
School and Board Planned Activities
- School and board activities under the direction of the principal or other board staff and covered by board insurance
Parish Planned Activities
- Parish activities that are not private functions and that are covered by parish insurance
- Corporations incorporated for the purpose of carrying on, without financial gain, objects of a patriotic, charitable, philanthropic, professional, sporting or athletic character
- Youth Related Community Groups – run by local youth groups such as Boy Scouts, Girls Guides, 4H Clubs and Cadets etc. The activities are intended for participants under the age of 18 (or where the participants have a disability and are under the age of 28).
- Recognized Children’s Sport and Recreation Service Providers – as defined by the Ministry of Tourism and Recreation’s Recognition Criteria for Children’s Recreation Services
- Recreational camps accredited by the Ontario Camping Association
- Sports organizations that are members or affiliates of provincial sports organizations that are recognized by the Ministry
- Not for profit groups providing community services free of charge and staffed strictly on a volunteer basis i.e. adult recreational use
- Charitable, Cultural and Fundraising Events including Tournaments and Sports Camps (admission/participation fees charged).
Activities/programs of a commercial nature for which admission/ participation fees are charged or which are operated for private or corporate gain including, but not limited to, individuals and businesses charging for drama, music, art, dance, fitness, yoga, martial arts, basketball, soccer, theatrical/film productions, etc.
Private use activities are defined as those that that are not open to members of the general public.
Groups not listed in the above categories will be at the discretion of the
Waterloo Catholic District School Board.